No, let us not wish this one child life away- it is challenge enough!
We have been busy working on our basement- a place for Edmond to blow off steam and run in circles- literally-- we pulled up the carpet and spent all last Sat laying wood laminate- looking good...except for the walls where we tried to paint our knotty pine with this sweet Fresh Aire paint so I could do it with less worry about my growing baby-
well the following day I went to spackle some missed holes and as I ran my tool across the holes it scrapped the paint right off- drama drama drama
So, we talked to numerous professionals and still are unsure exactly what we are going to do - some how we need to get the bad primer off and a new coat of stinky stuff on that will stick. I don't mind painting at all when I have time but Ian did an itty bitty room with me and whined the whole time about how boring it was and how much it sucked- geez
The beauty of an old house is when you redo a room you are doing everything from electrical plates, to lights, to baseboard, etc but I would do it all over again in a heart beat with a little bit of wisdom in me.
On that note, our three yr plan for this house may have just changed- we received our tax estimate for next yr and our house dropped another $16,000 in taxable market value--where is my equity going??!!
I have pictures but not tonight.
I took Edmond outside today in his rain boots and he was angel exploring the world and actually listening when I told him the neighbor's properties were not ours and the road is for cars- we were down by Division because that is where the best puddles are and he was walking/stomping back and forth in the lake of a sidewalk for hours when all of as sudden he had a grand idea that he was thirsty-- he knelt down on all fours and stuck his face right in the muddy puddle for a drink-- come on- is this just boy stuff? It was time to go in. You could have told me you thirsty! I wish I would have had my camera for that.
Last wknd we were riding in the car and Bad Romance came on- I was not aware how observant my son was, but as Daddy turned the station Edmond exclaimed, "Mommy's Gaga..." oh how right he is! I have been a fan of hers for years now- she is weird but I can't hold still.
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment