Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Before a Decade...

I feel bad because it is so much easier to publish news to everyone on here rather than get on the phone- but here we go...
Today, after almost nine ridiculous years, I gave Grizzly's my notice because tomorrow morning I will be accepting a position with the Social Security Administration in their St. Cloud office.
Yes, I will not know what to do with myself or my new little family on all our free nights, weekends, and holidays or the retirement plan I can now invest in.
It will be tough having to prove myself if I even remember how--but hopefully worth it. They say there is a lot of room for growth especially because there is going to be a lot of retirement within the office in the near future. There is always relocation options, but for now that means more commuting for Ian. He would like to look into the Big Lake area, but I think we would take such a hit on our house to go anywhere right now...we might save it on a different one, but oh so much work!
I will be a Claims Analyst with the majority of my time spent proving disability claims for people. Sorry, I cannot work on friends or relative cases.
We are also a little nervous about training because it could involve traveling and you don't know where until the position is accepted...I hope the hotel has a freezer, so I can pump Edmond's meals wherever he may be...ugh
So much to say- but I will cut it short for now to catch some sleep before little man thinks he is hungry-
Ian also interviewed today for a new position within Abbott...he seems to have mixed feelings-keep him in your thoughts

4 comments:

Jaci said...

Congrats on the job! Everything will work out just fine, even though change is tough. Keep us posted.

:o)

Wahlin Family said...

Congratulations!! I had been meaning to ask how the interview went. It must have went well. I am so happy for you guys!! Keep us posted. When do you start?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just heard from Smith! Congratulations! This is great news for you and your family! What is the Griz going to do? I asked Smith if he needs me to come back!! HA! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

that was me Ashley..i can't figure it out! :)