Friday, September 17, 2010

Oops another month to catch up on!


3 mnth pic
My friend Anne came over and was holding him and she remarked "oh that is freaky...he looks just like you!"
My little butter ball. He hates tummy time- so he will be an immobile butter ball for awhile I guess- Edmond, we let sleep on his tummy and he spent many hours diaper free time on his tummy. I looked back at his picture book and at 13 wks he was holding himself up on his elbows, his head erect...
Mr Karchie? just a little struggling turtle- poor guy but soooo cute- in my biased opinion.
He is very smiley and a much better sleeper than the first. He fairly consistently sleeps from 8-9pm to 430am I am not ready to confess this to FB so, I will tell all here- he has grown so accustomed to sleeping in the car seat I can't get him to sleep anywhere else and daycare has been having to let him sleep in the swing or bouncy...I started getting really nervous about it the other night and did some Internet research including some mommy board wars on flat head syndrome...so I have some new game plans in place before I go for any crying approach- they involve the bobby pillow (labeled no sleeping), a swaddle blanket, and things that smell like me like my pillow case...so far my record is 3 hrs-not bad for 2 nights of effort but I think we are breaking records as we speak!

Tha Cabin Trip-
we were invited to some friends' cabin in Spicer with a bunch of our couple friends from Ian's high school...including ALL our children together for the first time! It was fun and crazy of course with 13 children ranging from 3 mnths to 1st grade 6 girlies and 7 boys a wild time- with fishing, swimming, jet skiing, sparklers...who could ask for more? All the parents counted down the hours until bed time--
Ian decided Edmond would like a ride on the jetski and of course being the little thrill seeker he is, he LOVED it- we laughed at his huge grin and he waved when he went by- then, it was my turn to take him out- he told my parents that I went faster...ooops
Anyway of course Ian thinks he needs to buy Edmond one net year...right Edmond...
I don't know whose smile do you think is bigger? 
It was fun!
So, I asked our brother-in-law who works water patrol what sort of regulations they had for taking kids out and he said, "there isn't any but you should see the idiots who bring their 2 yr olds out! (I tried to stop him there, but...) They put them in front of them, so guess who is going where in a crash? At least if you put them in the back they just fall off if you spill..."
Happy Labor day with Uncle Mark!




No comments: