Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OoooWhee!

Now, don't think because I haven't posted because nothing is going on- here we go I will try to keep it interesting:
Ian had off Fri for a golf tourney as part of his birthday week...
That night, E and I were rear ended on the way out to Sand's for a BBQ by the owner of DB's. (I might get our next car seat out of the deal because they might have to reimburse us for the one involved in the accident...just because not because it was damaged. We are all ok and things were drivable, but yuck the junk you have to go through because of it.
Little E has really developed his getting around skills over the week and rolls and scoots to many places- he played by himself so independently (rare) and was a happy boy Fri night.
He gets up on all fours and sometimes includes his head as a fifth and can go all over rooms. I tried to get some video, but we will try again later. (one he bonked his head on a book when he did his hop face plant and the other he started eating my clean underwear off the floor...still yucky)
Sat we had a babysitter so tried to head to dinner and a movie with a pit stop at Bear Creek for scotch and pizza. On the way to Bravo people were in manic mode because of the storms- laying on their horns and running red lights- I fell into the herd mentality. Yes, you heard it right we ate pizza and Bravo this is our ridiculous wknd regime...remember amillabillagillion calories?
Ironman was on our list but Ian went in and I went to the bathroom only to return and find him irate he just watched the end of the movie. After we complained to the 16 yr. old manager and had the chubby-30 yr. old virgin-taking his job too seriously-security guard roll his eyes we watched numerous other people enter the theater with the same dismay (there was a delay due to the storm but an apparent lack of communication) Finally, our 9:50pm movie started by 10:30pm. The bad news being we are old (or have a 6 mnth old still getting up on avg 1.5 times per night) and couldn't keep our eyes open past midnight so we walked out before the end. I told Ian I would write(: Heck, he saw the end right? I didn't get popcorn if that makes anyone feel better.
Happy Father's day Sun was great! My rents made us a gourmet breakfast of eggs bene and then we headed home for some yard work and the open of course. Only to realize we left the monitor. So, back out to the 'rents for take out chinese dinner in our 15 mpg vehicle. Ian was able to take in most of the open (not enough in is opinion) and was quite upset about the next day finale.
Today and yesterday E and I took the pathfinder for estimates after work. Yesterday he was tired, hungry, and cranky so, I had to push him in circles in the parking lot for an hour in my heels- my bunions shouted their presence(: Good times...
We also decided after surviving almost 6 mnths without crib gear, we needed some...so off to Target with Mr. Fussy at 8pm last night. He fell asleep as I scanned every option and then some for an hour, so this morning when he woke up with is Dad (5am uncool) which he likes to do I showed him his new thing. It was in the box in test mode so it played for 2 sec, but no worries Mr. Turkey immediately bopped the button right on again. I guess it is a keeper...well that was my thought this morning until it wasn't a miracle worker tonight...
Stay tuned tomorrow for 5 mnth wrap up pics because his 1/2 yr. professionals are on Sun!! (I don't know if Sears can be considered "professional," but we are on a budget) Good Night!

No comments: