I often start typing up our every day lives and then think to myself- how boring? Who cares? and just delete it for press save now and have no idea where it is saved...
But here I am again with new energy that I will spur something someone might care about...
Colors-
we did this great thing with a motivational speaker at work who talked about how brains were hardwired from the day we were born to be a certain way and later learn how to work around or develop the other areas- being the psychology minor I am, I was quite intrigued and applied the presentation to all aspects and people in my life.
I am a yellow:
Our motto is "How can we do it differently?"
Our favorite questions are "Why?" and "Why not?"
Our number one fear is betrayal.
Our number one cause of stress is controlling the unknown- true dat...
Our best friend is the internet(: You know it!!
Another fun fact is that the reason I offend people so often is because I think I am just spitting out facts and oranges cannot handle this because they act on emotion- I say, "Yes, I know this, but now I feel better about it because I was born that way, but how do I tell the oranges it is just facts??" jk (My mom is an orange- but my dad and sister are also yellows, so steer clear of our house oranges!)
So of course I shared with my family my expert diagnosis of their colors, but this weekend they decided they wanted to know the truth, so we as a group conducted the 60 question test. As everyone objected to everyone else's answers-ha!
Get this- the brain is divided into sides of course you know, but on each side is two colors left is red and yellow and the right is green and orange- ok so what gives?
I could not expertly diagnose Ian- he was all over the board- it turns out while most people have their second strongest area on the same side, Ian tied for multi-color cross brain yellow and green!!
Meaning he is like me (duh?) yet combined with "let's experience it all" greens who are personality chameleons taking on that of those around them, because they have a great sense of intuition knowing things about people they didn't even know bout themselves lol too funny(: Strangely enough he also tied between the other two...what a piece of work. The ladies form work said, "So, he is randomly anal?" Yep! (My fellow trainees are both oranges- give give givers with big hearts where everything in the world leads back to them (aka they are SENSITIVE-NG to be with a yellow). However, one is an extrovert and one is an introvert)
Interestingly enough most relationships will have one from each side of the brain.
Anyway, probably my favorite bit of advice I took from her was to not focus on improving your weaknesses, but concentrate on excelling in your strengths. When you flourish in what you are good at the other areas where find their place in your scheme!
The quiz is not on here, but you can check out the summaries if you care:
http://www.threesisterspublishing.com/color_personality_types
I tried to find a free one on the internet somewhere for you but was unsuccessful- it wouldn't be the same without her role playing with how they interact and each react differently to situations-hilarious
Baby news:
I made his 6 mnth Dr. and picture appts and he is a terror eating his cereal now- I think we will stop until I can ask the Dr. what is up...I can't google insane eating habits- I blame teething still but when are these pearly whites going to bust into the world already?! Oh yes, and he sprouted some more mini fuzzy hairs on his bald little growing head over the weekend- I also noticed he has grown out of his robeez knock-offs, he needs mosquito netting for his stroller, diapers again, his own paba free sunscreen, a sippy cup and other food to introduce at 6mnths, swimmers, new pacifiers (because he will be 6 mnths) and he only has 4 more lbs to go before he needs a new car seat- uh wait a minute where did I sign up for this?
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

3 comments:
I've taken several of those tests too--and always try to make everyone do them too. But no one actually ever wants to--I can't believe you actually got your family to participate.
I will have to get mine out at home, I forgot which color I was. I think it was green?
:o)
Yeah, no need to dig you are a green(: I could have told you that prior to your guess...I am such an expert- uh huh
We did this at work a couple of years ago with those ladies. I think I was an orange.
Post a Comment