We have lowered the crib and started to think about our next household moves, but wow we have a non-baby proofed home! We have a little time because he is not officially crawling yet. Some comments over the weekend included, "It looks like his legs are paralyzed," and "Oh, a little turtle..." However, he is most certainly not slow in his movements- it is like a seal walk more than any army crawl people talk about.
He is very interested in bathrooms-yucky! So, Ian closed the door the other night and later came around the corner and rammed himself right into it because he was not used to it being closed- kind of funny in my opinion.
Work is so ridiculous. The other trainees and I often refer to hitting up McDonald's for our applications so, we don't have to memorize so much and think all the time. (hopefully no offense)
Did I ever tell you about the sweet time that I was at Apple River and we were tooling along when some man said, "Hey, look a dime bag!" and I said,
"Hey, sweet is there any money in it?" Ian said,
"Christal!" One of my prouder moments in life. Oh, I am so innocent or naive whatever you want to call it.
So, today I maybe topped that... We were talking about some ruling according to the 9th district which includes American Samoa... I had never heard of such a thing and I looked to my fellow trainee and she, I thought, gave me the same lost look, so I said, "Is that some sort of Native American tribe?" I am pretty sure she wet herself a little, while the other one proceeded to snort and I pretended to laugh so hard my eyes watered, but it was more like borderline tears of embarrassment-ugh! Then, they pulled up the internet map and showed me the little pea island in the middle of nowhere.
Later, I asked what nationality they thought my new hair stylist Helena was and they muffled their smirks as they replied, "Samoan." Great- sweet rep I am giving myself. I don't know how I do it.
An added fun tidbit comes from this past weekend, when I asked my mom if it was rare for children to be so curious as my son appears to be. Strangers often comment on how he doe snot miss anything. She informed me that some children could care less about what was going on around them; they are just in their own little world. She also noted that I was in fact, one of those children...oh, well. The best is when he is eating and someone talks, leaves the room, or makes any noise at all. He needs to stop and check the situation out. Only when I assure him it is ok so and so is just doing whatever, then he can resume.
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

1 comment:
Ok, I had to laugh out loud at the American Samoa comment. You're too funny!! Ain't the workplace great? At least they laughed & thought it was hilarious. These things happen.
Seriously, McDonald's pays pretty good...check it out, you could be running the show in a week out at McStop. Kidding!
Post a Comment