Wow, it's my first and pictures are already starting to dwindle...I have not taken a picture of him since July 6- Bad Mom. In the meantime, we spent the weekend at my sister's where he contracted his cousin Corbin's virus from daycare- someone writes a song about it- "I've got a fever of 103...hot blooded!" He also bit his mama while eating for his first time- oh the milestones): Yeah, roll your eyes at the first timers but we went to Express Care where he had runny number two all over my lap. As I cleaned myself up, Ian discovered the medical group is sexist and doe snot provide Dad's with changing tables- great! So he came into the women's room to assist. We ended up throwing the outfit away. Sometimes, on quick trips I don't bring the bag, so lucky us, but we only had one diaper and a onesie. They tested him for strep- not as bad as I remembered. However, they did draw his blood out of his little tiny finger. I made Dad hold him as he screamed bloody murder- no pun. He squirmed so much he knocked the collection out of the tech's hand onto the floor- so we had to try again-ugh the agony for Mama.

Here he is finally home- he was slightly interested in his purple dinosaur band aid on his finger before he fell asleep in my arms- I am calling in to work tomorrow even though it is supposed to be my first interview days- oh motherhood dampening my career already...
Yes, I know almost time for a new seat- the directions indicate distance you must have 1" clearance from top, not if his legs are dangling off- weighing 20.6 lbs. tonight! She said, "Oh, my you do not look like you are 20 lbs!"
2 comments:
Oh crappy (ha, no pun intended there either)! Having a sick baby sucks - and I hate when they draw blood. Luckily I bring Ryan with and then leave the premises to avoid the blood curdling scream of my babe! I hope he is feeling better soon!
I usually have to do the holding down, Cory has to leave the room. Just wait for the first chest x-ray where they strap the kid in...I can't even think about it...it's the worst thing I've gone through so far with my boys.
Hope E is feeling better soon!
Post a Comment