Monday, June 21, 2010

The Birth Story

I see my last post was regarding my last appt- I don't think much happened in between that and the dreaded pitocin day besides that after 18 yrs Ian's body decided to deal him a migraine blast from the past- full on with vomiting and everything- yikes! (that was Weds night)

I just kept up to my normal schedule hoping and confident I would go before Fri.

However, Thurs morning came  and I started to have my doubts- I had a small break down before work about not wanting to be induced and then decided I needed to take action, so I couldn't blame myself.
I packed my running shoes in my work bag.
At my 15 min AM break, I strapped them on and went for a walk- man did I feel foolish- it did involve some running across Veteran's Dr as it is busy and I didn't want to get hit-on the way in I was feeling good because there was some pressure going on-
At lunch time, I shoveled in my meal, grabbed an ice cream treat (I wasn't walking to lose weight folks), and went out for round 2- this time was much more difficult he was definitely getting the idea of gravity down...
But for the last break of the day it was storming and I couldn't go out- so I got home and hopped on the elliptical- I would get on there until it caused a contraction and then get off- Ian requested that he be able to watch the complete game NBA that was airing so I backed off a little- I was wavering between wanting to ensure this was going to bring on the real thing and wanting to just relax and let it hit me- I ended up having to call my dad to pick up Edmond because I was having so much anxiety about trying to be in tune with my body because I had to tell someone to pick up Edmond when it was really time- (with Edmond I remained in denial until I got to the hospital and told me that at 7cm with a bulging bag of waters I would not be sent home) we didn't have that kind of time this go round. So, Ian got his wish and I decided to give up and go to bed hoping it would wake me- when it was time...
Well, I did wake up but not with pain probably just more anxiety at 245am I dinked around until about 5am and finally was able to go to bed again-
Ian woke me about 20 min before we were supposed to leave-
We arrived at the hospital on an empty stomach without coffee only to be greeted by the least welcoming admissions woman possible-
we got to our room and waited- apparently shift change is at 730am...
to be continued...

2 comments:

Jaci said...

are you going to friggin continue this? remember, I've given up facebook for awhile... yeesh, I need the rest of the story!

Mollie said...

I second that...