Thursday, September 4, 2008

Last Hoorah?

Another weekend has come and gone. However, this one marked the end of a beloved season in some words. (meaning I know it isn't really but have you checked out the forecast?) This year being slightly different with a 3 day weekend and myself not putting the labor in labor day. (I don't know that that will get old-sorry)
Fri night kicked it off with time as FF (Fantasy Football) widows as Jaci called us, chowing pizza at the Wahlin's trying to maintain order of 11 children... It was nice to get the kids together and I can only imagine the entertainment of the activity in the future years to come! The bad news is, to celebrate my independence I re caulked the bathtub after E was in bed-ugh- an overdue task on my long list of to-do's...sick.
It was too much work to try to organize a group pic so here are a few random children...

Ms. Mara one of Kelly's 18 mnth. old twins (Jaci, Q, Milo, and Olivia in the bg)
Jaci's youngest Milo, Milosh, or Eyeballs I believe....
Mini Mike, I mean Robin's youngest 3 wks. younger than Edmond- Hank or Henry


Sat we got up and enjoyed a weekend breakfast before we were off again grocery shopping, liquor store and lake. Sat evening Ian's youngest sister Kyna and her fiance hosted a fish fry at Don & Jaime's. The wind was so strong, we went back to my parents and were in bed by 10pm.

Sun we spent the day at the lake again-- Ian thought playing numerous games of bocce ball was necessary...later that evening, we ended up ordering over $100 in pizza and playing trivial pursuit with some his family into the wee hours of the morning because the wind struck again on the lake. (when the wind strikes that means no bonfire)
Edmond hanging in the house while Daddy plays bocce F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!

Mon. was my dad's birthday so we spent the day eating and trying to savor the last moments in the pool- (see new family photo at the very bottom of the blog)
"What do you think of my green ball? "

"What is going on over there? Are you sure about that? I don't trust it. It must be Saoirse..."


**Oh, AND if you made it through this ridiculous post, you should really register as a blog visitor toward the bottom of the page (a new blogger feature)... Gosh, I must be a sweet blogger!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

a)you are a sweet blogger
b)who's the only drunkard on the blog when we're out on a playdate, guzzling red wine?
c)I love the fact that you re-caulked the bathroom--that must have been at like 11pm! You're nuts!

:o)