Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life goes on...

Weds. we both left work again rushing to be my Papa John's side with the rest of the siblings. He is now at home and some days are better than others, but he is just so ready to be done. He has hospice nurses in and out throughout the week, but they don't do much because he is not on nor cares for any medication. I think all the attention made him feel better because he got up and actually ate very well for dinner that evening. It is so sad to see and doesn't get easier, but none the less brings family closer and makes you appreciate life.
Little man has started official daycare with a wife of a friend from Ian's high school days. There are three others with him a 1 yr. old girl, a 15 month. boy. and another girl (her own) who will be 2 in Oct. She said he was a perfect angel the first day and the second day was not as good not eating well and fighting sleep. HOWEVER, you hate to bring it up but he slept through the night TWICE last week- I am talking 9-5. I know not a feat for most, but great times in my opinion. I think the routine and the other kids will be good for him and hopefully us too. His other big feats for the week include saying "Dada," waving bu-bye, and clapping- Yeah! Really, the waving leads to clapping, but that is three stickers on the calender in one week(: (His baby book is a first year calender with milestone stickers)
I have a test at work on Mon and then less than 2 more weeks of training. I picked out my cube last week and should be on my own challenging the world soon! Fri. I asked one of my mentors what the other one was thinking when they asked me to do something and she replied, "I don't want to misspeak, but just do it to appease him...." Which, is rather funny considering in my first review I was told not to "shop" for better answers. I'm sorry I cannot help it. We have a mass policy system left to interpretation and then we have what each person is doing- I on the other hand cannot accept anything illogical):

2 comments:

Mollie said...

9-5?? What are you talking about?! That is a FEAT to celebrate!!

So sorry to hear about Ian's dad...

Jaci said...

Definitely keep us posted on Ian's father. At least he is surrounded by people who love him...there's probably a Woods for each day of the year!

I might try to find your direct dial phone number & start pranking you at work. OOh, now that would be fun.