Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Our lives our like a roller coaster baby baby--

I am trying to blog here but AI is distracting with Rockin' Robin?! really?! I think she just cawed at the end- yuck she looked petrified anyway...Me?? I was sold on the rocker 16 yr old with the pink hair- I think I might even vote for my first time EVER--
Anyway, Ian has now declined the job he accepted, but is contemplating changing his mind again- too much for the blog, but take it as it is and stay tuned...
Mr Edmond!! I have not changed the description to my blog yet, because I still have not felt that it is wrong something about a- "not growing family due to the latest addition..." True Dat tonight): He was a monster- I have always vowed he would eat with us and we even got a restaurant style high chair so that he could be right at the table with us. However, the problem is that he doesn't eat anything we eat and he cannot make it that long to wait for our meal): UGH! I don't know how to change it and structure structure structure makes a happy toddler? Impossible- last night he took an old milk jug out of the recycle bin and spilled the last watered down dribbles on his blankie. BUT we could not wash it because it was too close to bedtime and there is no bedtime without blankie. (I started with the darn thing to create a security so he would sleep through the night- one success leads to another failure I guess) so tonight we wash it as soon as we get in the door. He is a crazy person! He gets done with dinner and thinks he needs it, but he can't find it he wanders around a complete mess- and from there (say 630?) everything is the end of his world- exhausting. So, Ian and I do not get to talk to each other over his wails and our comforting efforts and then it is bedtime- depressing):
At least there is AI for me alone alone alone.

2 comments:

Mollie said...

Yeah, a moment alone without the blankie is tough. When "me me" needs to be washed at our house I make Teague put "me me" in the washer for a "bath". And then all I hear about for the next 2 hours is "me me? Bath?, me me, Bath?", so far it works. You may want to try it?! And dinnertime at our house is now at 5:15. I'd like to blame that on living in farmer country where the farmers eat that early, but dear ol' Teague requires a dinnertime of that early. Oh the things we will do...

Jaci said...

Oh for sure, us old timers at Casa Duke also eat at 5:30. But we do force the kids to sit there until we're done eating--and we all eat the same thing. It's one of those battles I've chosen (probably unwisely) because my boys do end dinner some nights only having drank 3 glasses of milk, pushed around a few peas & not even TOUCHED the casserole.

But, there are nights when they will eat 3 helpings of broccoli and gobble up an entire slice of meatloaf. It'll come Christal, and he'll figure it out soon enough! :o)