I don't know why, but I have been thinking about blogging a lot today--
thinking about how I have not blogged in a long time because I have been too exhausted with nothing positive to say- and how I told Kelly she was the worst blogger ever because she does not post often enough for me- and how she probably thinks more about that now than I do- it's a toss up...
AND how when I had lots of negative things to say about being a mom someone sent me a facebook message that talked about being a mom and how it changes your life. Reading the words caused feelings of guilt. I really do love being a mom, but it is just so darn trying at times):
Today, I talked to a woman at work who has a husband who has had reoccurring brain tumors throughout their 20 yrs of marriage and she has just been through so much. Especially, with the last surgery taking her out of work and causing him to need 24 hr care. She is an amazing woman- how could you not respect what she is going through. On top of that, she tells me her situation caused another woman at work to confide in her about HER husband leaving her after numerous years for a young woman in another country that they often vacationed to together-ugh
So, today I appreciate my life and have a little more patience than last week.
As for my Buddly-Boo stories you have all heard about the Cub Foods cow and how he liked it-hated it and mostly feared it. I cannot remember if I blogged about his last experience when a little innocent old man thought he was doing Edmond a big favor by pressing the "moo" button. However, at this point, it causes him to look down, his face to flush and appear to hope it goes away. I guess that would be called the flight as opposed to the fight- not surprised.
Well, now we were at Coborn's and I stopped to talk to someone I knew and they started talking to him and he reacted the same way! Wow-poor shy guy):
However, he is learning more and more everyday- my new favorite word is "pretty, pretty" and we say that for my necklaces and daycare's flowers(:
As for work, I started back in the good ole training room again today for 4 hrs of my days until 7/22/09--good times. At least, I am not nursing and waking with my son 5 times per night. How is that for half-full??
So, I have started reading Twilight you know the teeny bopper books about vampire love... and I love them. I saw the movie and I was hooked. It is really bringing back the romance in me- awesome for an almost 30 chick who has been with the same man for nearly 1/3 of that time...wow that sounds weird...anyway
Our hot anniversary date is planned for the weekend before the actual date 6/2/06 y'all and we will be escaping to Duluth MN to Fitger's Inn ooh la la. It will be 3 years for us. It is always a mystery what Ian may be in the mood for hiking in the mtns or sipping beer on a patio. I laughed and told him well we didn't meet on eharmony! (translating to we do not have identical interests)
Have a great rest of the week everyone! My second mother's day is creeping up- I asked for solar lights and then heard on the radio 43% of moms do not want anything but love from their kids--shallow shallow selfish selfish I guess):
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

1 comment:
Hey, I love your honesty. Who wants to read a blog about their "perfect" child and "perfect" life. Life is a reality and you are just being real. I can appreciate that! However, I think you are right that sometimes other things in life put it all in perspective - but don't be too hard on yourself for being honest either. Raising a child isn't all rosy - gotta love the hitting stage. It passes, but it SUCKS. Big. Time. And I am one of those selfish, shallow mothers who also asked for something: a GC for a pedicure. Isn't Mother's Day about SHOWING that you love us and wanting us to be pampered?! =)
Post a Comment