Thursday, December 24, 2009

Falling Behind


Here we are all bundled up on our way to get our tree- it is just across the road a block or so in the Walgreens parking lot- a guy out of Rice that we have been going to since we bought the house sets up there every year-- While we did not cut it down Ian did carry it across 25th Ave and home- I think that deserves some credit(:

Here he is half asleep enjoying his cake at his Birthday with onlooker Saoirse-- she is a little bit neater eater than he so I am sure she is looking in disgust--

One of our left over cake celebrations- look at those eyes(: and ignore the eating habits--

and his balloons that he popped on of within the first minute home- doing this very activity of whipping them around - a great noise I guess

And yet another cake celebration- he has no girlfriends- x2

You would think I had a toddler, was pregnant, and, it was the holidays with my lack of posting-geesh- oh yeah it is all true--
let's see- our toddler turned 2 on the 22nd so we had a party and celebrated each time we ate left over cake-- he is growing in leaps and bounds and amazing us with his words- he still has a toddler emotion range of 0-10 in .5, but as I work to avoid his 10 causing my 10 we are getting through it- I didn't realize this until we were at our 2 yr appt and she asked what I have been using for discipline--He has started using my tactics on me! I told her I try to asknowledge what he wants but distract to another activity-- unless he hits then, it is corner time until he is ready to say sorry which is about 1 sec later. I said he was really good at saying sorry but lately he has been ignoring and distracting us by playing with something or doing something he knows we think is funny or cute- turd.
I continue to believe he will be an amazing brother- but am having some prego complications- I don't want to talk about them because I have enough problems dealing with them on my own - I don't want to have to field the concerns of others- when it is nothing I am sure of and nothing we can control- so with that being said everything with BABY is fine for now- but in the process we had to have some extra ultrasounds ( one performed by Ian's ex-gf ugh) where we learned it is indeed a brother.
I continue try and put in extra hrs at work so that I can save my earned leave and just use credit hours for all the appts. and life to live during this pregnancy.
Ian continues to commute to Cambridge and is getting more and more comfortable in his position as he learns more. He thinks he nailed his second A in his graduate studies- but continues to stress about his time.
I hope you enjoyed the update and find time to delight in your family this holiday season! We love this time of year!

No comments: