2 wks ago my camera got packed in a beach bag with my water bottle...which happened to leak...I was literaly able to dump water out of the battery compartment...so it is done. Ian thinks it was too old anyway and his phone now has a better camera than I had. However, I feel he is not the photographer I am--he lacks in seizing photo opps...ba ha ha
Next up our computer...if you know us, it is our life- last week it decided to give us a msg it was unable to locate the startup disk...after spending some time with apple support, they referred me to Minco. The bad news is we are unable to recover anything off the old hard drive): all of Ian's movies, music, school work, etc and all of my photos, addresses, etc. A place out of CA can perform "surgery" on it for $900-$3500 but I am not sure it is worth it to me. We have a crappy external harddrive that should have some stuff but what a mess! The very good news it that even though the computer was out of warranty- Minco put a claim in for an extended warranty which was offered through 8/15/10 for some faulty harddrives Apple had been putting in and we qualified! So it was free! but only 150 GB of space and we had planned on upgrading to at least 500- Ian still probably will pull the trigger on something and obviously I want to get our back up system in place this time! he threatened 2 terabyte? I don't even know how to spell it - he is such an over compensator-but very entertaining because I think he takes himself seriously.
So, no photos for awhile...tune into Ian's FB some of those sweet pics are mine-
My bday is coming up in August the big 3-0); so maybe I will get some new electronics...
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment