Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh My...

Hooray for federal holidays?
Fri we rocked out in Melrose with a great group of friends to a video game Rock Band- Ian spilled and I sucked- I don't know if we will be invited to the next series?? Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

Sat we decided to stop by our siblings' before heading back into Cloud for a haircut and a lawn trim...but we needed breakfast- so after some hash-whites with some burnt onions, bacon, tobasco eggs with ham and toast- we were on our way. At home, Ian's eldest sibling came over to catch some tips on lifting from the pro (he thinks he wants to train out of our basement) and then we were off again for a BBQ at the Woods' 'rents to celebrate a bunch of nieces and nephews Bdays and the furthest living sibling being home from WI. It was supposed to be a UFC night but we fell asleep by 9.

Sun we packed our little family plus my sister and her youngest into the Civic for a 2.5 hr. drive to Waseca-count it yes, that was 5, but we had to because we are going green(: We got about 20 min on the way there of dual napping and then they switched off fussing- the way back was a little more promising minus the torrential storms we went through. Keep in mind Ian thinks he is pro driver now because he is Mr. Commuter, so 6" off the ground and with five lives at stake he barreled through while others pulled off with hazards on and under overpasses. He is lucky I was in the backseat with the two car seats or I would have been more of a basket case- if you can imagine. Ian was thankful we didn't have our other two nephews with us and I said my mom would have been worse. Anyway, Edmond got to meet Great Grandma for the first time and he was a little smiley angel-hooray! We were also celebrating my cousin's high school grad- the weather was beautiful and the food was great.

Back out to my 'rents Sun night for more great food and relaxation- not so hot weather Mon, but more food. My sister had an epiphany that she had lost her hormones that made her think she was skinny after having a baby, so she brought a one piece- keep in mind she wore a two piece last year after having her third in April. I found this extremely amusing because when I put on my suit, I said "Whoa, I need a Mom suit to cover my road map chest (roads=veins due to my stretched transparent skin-still nursing) and to hug my flat Mom butt so I don't get saggy crotch- oh the drama. I can imagine the one piece coming soon.
So if you have been following along my total extended weekend caloric consumption comes to four- miligagiliabillian mm mm

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Yep - swimsuit shopping will never be the same, will it?? LOL about the caloric intake. That is what long, holiday weekends are for!! Hope you are enjoying your 4 day week. It was great to see you last weekend and I thought you did a very nice job at Rockband. Either that or we all sucked except for the Duke's!