Monday, October 6, 2008

Trailing off

My pictures are thinning? Never fear he is still quite amusing! Here he is after a bath- one of his loves....Now, this is one of his latest faces, which Daddy encourages. It involves curling of the upper lip to the nose and breathing heavily- emphasizing the exhale- pure boy I tell you!

He must have his Mom's flexibility!? Or just baby flexibility- maybe he will bite his toes and scare himself someday...meanhwhile- yum-o?
Now, the next item up for discussion is his self-feeding. He does not hold his own bottle, but I have always excused that as a nursed boy. I introduced the sippy cup right at 6 mnths. because that is what was recommended. However, I rarely give him one because he gets so obsessed with it he won't eat and then he gets frustrated because he can't do it right, etc. etc. I am probably just creating a vicious cycle. Anyway, I discovered these things at Target called Little Dippers to encourage self-feeding recommended for 7 mnths+, so I thought for sure 9 my mnth. old is ready for them??


Need I say more about the results? They forgot the disclaimer that presenting near liquid food, that they are not usually allowed to touch may cause excessive slop. Here is my narration of his thought process:
1. Oh, something I can hold onto and put in my mouth...I like it already!
2. Hmm where else can I put it...
3. Oooooo a bowl- what's in there?
4. It doesn't feel like food...I will aim for my mouth anyway.
5. Maybe this is a cup?- I will drink it.
6. Maybe, it is a hat?- I will wear it.
7. I am still hungry):
8. Did I earn a bath yet?

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Too cute--we have that same PB hippo towel, I loved it when the kids were little, all cuddled up in it. He's got the bluest eyes!

:o)