Thursday, November 13, 2008

Working Again

I didn't realize how ready I wasn't to go back to work until I did. Today, was downright terrible. Every time anyone tried to show they cared I would cry. It was considered my desk day so no interviews, but those are most often the worst, because I am solving all of the abnormal things that come into my claim processing- like trying to get a hold of the guy applying for disability with MS and depression who doesn't answer his phone or return his calls to ask him about his 2 wk fling with Taco Bell or deciding how to tell the computer that the either someone's employer or the IRS reported wages wrong- hey maybe it was who prepares their taxes? Anyway, all that alone time gave me way too much time for my mind to wander and not want to be there. In addition, our phones have not been working properly since daylight savings. You don't even want to imagine how people feel about that (understandable) or hear the questions they waste our time with (not all, but seriously it is the federal government- just wait for your money!-it will be there...right?) Anyway, the glitch in the system today was that all of those general inquiries we call them were routed right to my phone-ugh! The best part is if no one answers it we have this dinger over a loudspeaker that continues to sound until someone answers the line- apparently no one else is willing or just too busy?

No comments: