Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Last 1st Holiday):

We celebrated Edmond's last first holiday this past week- how sad): It was good- we spent time with my side at my parents and then off to the church for Ian's large fam. Edmond had a great time roaming around the gym/cafeteria as all the nieces doded on him. Great food- and company at both stops- never enough time in the year.

The week before that we hit the 11 month milestone! Wow- time flies. I have been starting to think about all the great info I can include in a Christmas letter this year. Now that we have a child we can do that with some substance...watch your mailboxes.

We took him to the grocery store tonight, to Cub with the big mooing cow. However, he thought it was the scariest thing he had ever seen this time- poor baby): I guess that means bad things for Santa visits. However, he has been practicing his "Ho, Ho, Ho's" when he sees Santas around the house. (I am wondering if it stems from a visit to my sister's who has a wild springer spaniel who was outside when Edmond was playing on this little chair. He stood on it looking out the window, until the big monster dog came pouncing up on the window and frightened the little prince, probably even wet himself if you can do that holding your breath.) I say prince only because I call him the price in the pea-much like the princess and the pea who can feel the pea under 27 mattresses- I think that is him-ultra sensitive): I have no idea where he gets it??? (jk-me duh!)

We have not purchased our tree yet-we are still part of the real tree crowd. I told Ian that now that we have a son we need to cut our own! He was actually considering it, but we'll see what really happens. He even discovered that at Jan's in Clearwater, Santa arrives at 12 by helicopter for visits- very necessary(:

Otherwise, work for me sucks for today anyway. I never have time to finish anything and everything takes me twice as long because I don't know what I am doing and it just all seems so pointless sometimes- the work not getting people the money. I go through all this work to document one thing or another and track down the info, but for what or who?

Ian also continues to struggle with his job and fatigue, but still enjoys the people he works with. He looks forward to a time when he can work closer to his family.

On the other hand, we love the holidays and have introduced them into our lives earlier this year than any other year. This weekend my parents bought us and our couple siblings a hotel in Minneapolis, so we can escape with holiday cheer.

Last weekend, we were able to enjoy the traditional Testicle Festival in my home town of St. Anna, where they yes, actually serve sliced, breaded, and fried balls-yummy-actually chewy): This year the spread included tortilla chips, butter, and bread...strange I tell you, but good times! Oh, and then we accidentally ended up at the all school reunion at a neighboring bar- but we had no idea until the next morning-embarrassing!

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Oh, it's really sad when you say it that way - the last 1st holiday. I never even thought of it and our last was 4th of July. =(