I just looked at my blog archive to see what I had to say about my 36 wk appt back in 2007- pretty entertaining!
I went from being somewhat nervous about the pressure to have a similar fast and early labor and the possibility of not going early then, having a big baby and a long drawn out labor- to somewhat excited and having a little insight.
Last time, I announced for those who did not find it too much info that I was "a good 2-3 cm dilated" I was so relieved because I had just been thinking I could not make it another 4 wks on my swollen kankles. However, my follow-up post says I did internet research and read I could be dilated for weeks it means nothing with no notes about effacement.
This go round they give me some details- he started by saying 3 to 2 and then finally settled on 1.5 as he describes it as a funnel and informs me the measurement you are supposed to use is the tip- which I am fine with because I am not quite as miserable as last time- and 50% effaced. I mean I feel large who can deny that but no swelling or mild maybe... he concludes a "couple more weeks."
Also, on the note of he- I found out today that he is married to the other OB at the clinic- this weirds me out- but hey it doesn't take much.
Even funnier is my 28 wk post where I announce I don't want to be a whiner but I cant sit without this child letting me know I am cramping his style- which is absolutely the case again this time-
The info I really wanted was when I lost my plug but I didn't note that gory information last time because I wasn't convinced it what it was until I gave birth 3 wks early.
I am just nervous about not knowing when and how!
We had to do another ultrasound to follow up on my uniqueness that doesn't mean anything for now- so I got to see him- it is just so crazy to see them in there- his facial expression is exactly what Edmond's was and is- that we called Daddy's grimace and his nose that same wide flat nose Edmond had-- BUT you can see hair in the ultrasound- which most likely means this child is not a blond because I am pretty sure Edmond was near bald for the first year of his life...so mentally prepare for red or black fuzz ball- maybe that will help us with our name decision...
I was supposed to pack tonight, but I didnt and it is on my schedule to get a pedi too- I missed my belly cast last time so I should proably pencil that in in-between the basement DIY gone wrong fix project...
Oh, and we received a notice today our home owner's insurance is not offering us a renewal this year- because the company is focusing on western states that don't have high risk factors like hail...what is this world coming to?
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment