Sunday, May 2, 2010

New of the Week

My husband purchased a Droid or Android or whatever you want to call it-- a gadget that has internet access and loads of unnecessary but amusing "apps" in his pocket- I hope the thrill ends soon...he has begun tweeting/twittering- everything we do i.e ribeyes on sale, edmond chased a bunny...I can't imagine what sort of followers he will get-ai yi yi
However, he had his work review on Fri and received oodles of good news. Like a raise, extra employees for his department, cell phone allowance, a new title, and a huge compliment that he has accomplished way more than they could have imagined in his limited time there- wow! He had been struggling quite a bit with the job, school, commuting, and becoming a daddy again so hopefully this eases things for him and in turn us a bit(: In addition, he has decided to take the summer off school- I don't know that I am 100% on board but am confident he will not let the time he put in go to waste.

Our son continues to challenge us- he was chasing a bunny and I let him because I didn't think he could catch it, but we were in the alley and he was on his big-wheel. He got off the big wheel, so I picked it up to carry it and Ian ran after him running after the darting scared bunny- he had turned into someone's yard and behind a garage so I couldn't see either of them when I heard Ian exclaim, "Edmond!" in a tone I can't quite describe- perhaps utter terror and fear-- I took off running to the other side of the garage hauling the big wheel to discover the two of them walking across a fenced in yard. Ian carrying Edmond. Relieved when nothing appeared to be wrong I inquired what the screaming was all about. Ian informed me that Edmond in fact did corner the bunny in this yard and he was concerned the bunny was going to take a bite out of our son- obviously Edmond was not listening- hmmm.

In the grocery store the other day, we were in the produce section and I asked him if he wanted some grapes as it has been awhile since I have purcahsed them and he announces, "no grapes! want doughnuts!" So, as the new named mom-of- the - year I informed him those were not a substitute- geesh

Me? I have been trying to work on my "nesting"- but instead lack motivation and find myself eating or sleeping...I took all the clothes and baby items out of the attic and somehow after taking all the infant stuff out cannot fit all the non-infant stuff back in- how does that work?
Now, I just need to make #2 a room- Edmond is just not quite ready for a big bed- with a room upstairs and never climbing out of his crib- it doesn't make sense yet but neither does two cribs to me- so I am stuck-

Daycare had an infant visitor and the teacher commented on how cute Edmond was with this baby talking in his little high voice, "Hi Baby" and gently rubbing baby- she followed up what a good big brother he was going to be- and he was saying yes brother blah blah blah- so I slid in there and asked, "share a room with him?" but the nice little voice turned firm to inform me, "No!" Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Jaci said...

Oh no!! Taking the summer off!?! I will kick his butt if he doesn't pick right back up in the fall...seriously...

Jaci said...

That sounded snotty, it was meant to be encouraging. Sorry.

Mollie said...

Smart little cookie. Share a room, pffft!