Monday, June 14, 2010

Details

I told Ian before walking in to the appt i bet 3 hrs- as our normal 15 min appts take me 1 hr 45 min to get to and from work with all the crap-so we both had off today for the big event
We arrived 15  min early like a bunch of idiots- then weighed in a few pounds more- thank you weekend non diet- (I am always heavier on Mons- baha ha)
He tried to ask if it was swelling but nope--
He was very pleased with my progress and used disgusting words like "ripe" I inquired about how long a normal cervix is as there had been some debate since he "could not reach my membranes" The answer is 3-4 cm but mine is down to 5mm- ooohh and as far as a second attempt at stripping my membranes he said he couldn't really get at them because my cervix was too "floppy" what? gross....I told you this was details- you could have opted out of the read--
So, we talked about induction AGAIN and he said now that my cervix is so prepped it would no longer be that two day process he once described- but no more than 42 wks- Ian was uncomfortable if he wanted to draw the line at 42 wks and I would just schedule it that day he wanted to be a little more proactive-
my mom will be home from her business trip on fri and if i went fri then we could spend the wknd in the hospital and ian could be off but home with us all wk next wk- so that is what we did 630am if my misery
I tried to inquire about natural methods and listed raspberry tea and primrose oil and he poopooed them--I guess I am back to running...

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Really, running? Or is it more like shuffeling with a 30 pound weight attached to your front? And do you do this running bit in public for all to see? I am truly impressed with you running! CASTOR.OIL - works.

Christal said...

yep running- it is so strange this pregnancy is night and day different from the first I tell you- when I tried to run with edmond it seriously felt like he would extend his hands and feet trying to brace himself in there like one big cramp- but this one nothing- I do live in the city so options are limited- last time I ran through the alley, but I think more people are opt to sit in their back yards facing the alley but then I avoid cars- it's a toss up-...AND last time, I also made the mistake of walking to the DQ )located on division st...dumb) after my run and who yells out their window at me while I am hauling my family's treats home? oh mr duk- so someone who lives in st michael has to randomly travel to st cloud to see on overdue woman busting for sugar- talk about unlucky!
Thanks for being impressed but I wouldnt say it is any sort of workout- the ultrasound tech was impressed yesterday that I could sit up by myself so I guess pregnant women are supposed to be gimps- LOL
I have read the castor oil directions and decided it is not for me...trying to keep it and rootbeer down and scheduling yourself time in the bathroom sounds almost as bad as being induced): ugh

Mollie said...

Yes well I looked at it as induce at home with less interventions or induce in the hospital with more, so I wanted to at least try it first! Good luck, I really hope he comes for you on his own - whether it's during running or not! ha! =)

Jaci said...

Cory did say, "Hey, guess who I saw out running?" I'm all--I don't know Cor, who? He's like well from the back I didn't recognize her or anything, then all of a sudden she shifted & I could tell it was a very pregnant and uncomfortable looking girl. And THEN I realized it was Christal! She said she was out for a walk-run, and I just felt so bad for her.

TOO FUNNY! He said you looked ready to be done, but great. I'd take that as a high compliment--he didn't mention the DQ bag in your hand, at least not to me. Must have been distracted by your beautiful and voluptous pregnant sexiness!!! :o) Can't wait to hear how Friday goes for you.