40 wk appt here ya go: (a little graphic if you want to skip it)
First, good news- dropped a few lbs- nice!
then down hill from there- I inquired about stripping membranes as I had heard of this but also heard it was painful...it didn't involve an instrument, so I thought how bad can it be?
He described it that he had to hook his finger inside the top of the cervix and rub around the inside to get things moving- so despite the fact that I feel like I could sit on the toilet all day and trickle out pee- we went for it...However, he couldn't quite reach it- keep in mind that effacement is thinning and shortening of the cervix...so he proposed I try to bear down- which I was hesitant to do as all the pressure down there was making me feel like something might burst...not sure what...but we made two bear down attempts and gave up. Keep in mind with Edmond, after my water literally burst- my Dr sat on the edge of the bed in her nice little Christmas sweater and told me to push. I asked her what we were going for- like the head and she said no just to see what you can do...and then the nurses were frantic grabbing scrubs for her as I pushed..nice...
Then, we talked about induction again- ugh that is soooo unappealing! Sit in the hospital waiting for misery- I just cannot make the conscious choice to do it.
So, I left with my weds appt canceled as it is too soon...and an appt scheduled for 6/14 including a half hour stress test for monster I mean baby...
I cannot wait for work tomorrow!
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

2 comments:
Oh you are too funny! You know I totally get that about work (assuming you were being sarcastic) - it's like if one more person says "you're still here!" all cheery you are gonna SCREAM! And it's sooooo easy for us non-preggers to say "He'll come when he's ready"....so I will just add to your misery and tell you it's gonna be really humid this weekend so any weight you lost is gonna come back in water weight this weekend....oops, that's not what you want to hear either?! Then I will say this - he can't stay in forever and they do come when they're good and ready....and sometimes they come at 6 pounds ready and sometimes they come when they're 10 po....oh, shoot nevermind. I am not helping. Good luck! Remember, you still are sleeping all night....
Can't Ian strip your membrane the old fashioned way? I mean if we're gonna be graphic here--let's have some benefits for you. I'm just sayin'. Get 'er done!!! It's worth a try, right?!?!
Hopefully you wake up tonight and it will all be worth it. Eat some more Bravos & habanero cheese. I'm going to miss these daily updates though, they make me realize how glad I am not to EVER think about having another kid. :o)
I'd say enjoy the next few days, but I'm with Mollie--nothing helps the minutes go by!
Post a Comment