Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Growing Up

We tainted our son with his first touch of formula today...jk he didn't even care): I plan on continuing to nurse as long as my supply stays adequete, but I am ready to be done. I made it a lot longer than I originally intended to and I researched formulas. Good news for us Nestle makes one that claims to have natural cultures in it just like breast milk and they laugh all the way to the bank at suckers like me. No really, the majority of formulas I looked at had a first ingredient listed as some sort of oil or sugar...I am not sold. Do you think anyone publishes an article on my favorite resource? No, of course not they state they all have to follow the same nutritional guidelines and they are the same-ha! What else I find funny is that you are not supposed to give them cow's milk, but E's first ingredient is some sort of whey protein from cow's milk. Heck, Ian has been taking whey protein supplements for years so it must be the best. Now, as for the price difference Ian has said I am a walking gold mine! Like it took buying formula to have him figure that out(:
Edmond is also in his new big boy seat. However, for safety reasons I chose to still rear face it until he is maxed out thereat 30lbs. Here is pictured for the last time in his little boy seat at exactly 22 lbs.
As you may or may not know, everything is a big deal in our house so I researched for months knowing Britax was the way to go, but when I fell in love with one and could not find any one who sold it online I had to go to the stores. Lucky for me, I found one on my first call. However, Ian would not pick it up for me due to the outrageous cost): Need I remind him it is about safety, style, and user friendliness? I have not been reimbursed from the accident because I cannot bring myself to lie or turn in his seat. I contacted an injury lawyer because I thought they would be familiar with the law, but I am assuming not seeing anything in it for himself, he said he hadn't heard and didn't offer to research-jerk! My new plan is to write a letter and tell the insurance company my thoughts and to send me the check.

No comments: