For those of you unfamiliar with a little bit of family history- here it goes...I grew up on Pelican Lake in Avon, MN where Ian's family happened to vacation every year for two weeks in August for thirty years or something. The significance being that is where/when my sister met his brother and I later met Ian- and the rest is history right? Well, since then the resort has closed and my sister and his brother have purchased a home on the lake between my parents' and the resort. In order to keep the tradition alive, we have been "vacationing" on their property for the last two years. There are tents, a porta potty, campers, fires, drinks, food, swimming, boating, and oodles of relatives and fun. The resort is still open for swimming during the day for the hefty price of $1.00/person/day and is absolutely amazing in the sense that there are no weeds and the kids can go out maybe 50 yards and still touch still without weeds. A volleyball net is set up in the water maybe a foot deep, just great! Anyway, here are some pictures of what kept our little angel distracted and entertained enough to forget about his infection.




Here is our happy boy- Ian would take him in the water and he would bounce up and down and splash like crazy- the time of his young life I am pretty sure...Even looking at the water he kicks his legs and flaps his arms.

I guess I didn't capture too many smiles, but it was best to have his paci in to cut the saliva flow down and keep him from eating sand and drinking lake water-turkey. He knows his name now so it must be his "What do you want Mom?" look.
No comments:
Post a Comment