Friday, August 22, 2008

More Updates

Weds. Grandpa John had a sad day and spent the night in the hospital convinced it was the end. All 12 children and their SO's (signficant others) dropped everything to be by his side and I am sure we were the hospital staff's favorite room (23 children and 24 out of the 29 grandchildren- not all at once- and various clergy people don't exactly comfortably fit in a room). He was surprised to be here still when he woke on Thurs., but is now home and hopefully that means doing better. The situation took quite the emotional toll on all of us, but reminds us how great it is to have supportive loving family near.
Here is Mr. Antser Pantsers with Grandpa in his bed:
On a lighter note, here are the flowers that were delivered to my desk by the armed guard at work on Tues 8/12 which happens to be my 28th Bday. They were from "Ian and Buddly" I can only imagine what the florist thought writing such things. I don't want to Rachel Ray on you with overusing an acronym like EVOO and yet still informing everyone what it stands for too often, but Ian came up with it because he thinks E is his studly buddy. I hope Buddly knows his real name...(excuse the cluttered table-it serves as the drop all station). I received many compliments on the gorgeous bouquet and I just so happened to be wearing an orange sweater that day as well-precious huh?
Work continues to be a roller coaster- we tested again today and one of the women got 100% and then cried tears of joy- take it how you please....I didn't want to rain on her parade so I got a 95. I really admire our Asst. District Manager and I think she likes me- so that often keeps me going wondering what she thinks my potential may be!!
Our poor man of the house continues to struggle with his commute and exhaustion. He now has an appointment for a sleep study- I wish we had answers or I could make things better. We were teased with a glimmer of hope last week. He read in his bible-oh I mean Men's Health magazine that some professional football player suffered from undetected diabetes for around five years or something. Many of the symptoms matched and I was excited to have an answer- it had to be. However, I called the Dr. for him like a--"loving" wife and asked if it had ever been explored and thr nurse dismissed it because in Feb '07 he had a blood test that was "normal"- lame. I just don't think it is the right timing to be exploring transferring in my job when I have not even completed half of the training, Sept. 24th marks my half grad date. The good news being our ADM has moved around quite a bit and has actually made some money doing so, because besides moving for promotions, you are also reimbursed for moving costs. If you can keep it under your allotment it is yours to pocket-whoo-hoo!
I shared some female time with some ex-coworkers over drinks and apps and we had a great time catching up and this weekend I am off to Alexandria with my two best high school friends so I hope my little single daddy survives. I was told, in a marriage, you are always supposed to give 150%, but it is just so hard not to think that I have been nursing and waking up with our son 99% for 8 mnths. of his life now, not that I am "due" anything it just doesn't make life any easier.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Hope Grandpa John is feeling better! Our thoughts & prayers go out...