Saturday, December 27, 2008

The First Birthday!

The pictures are in reverse order): but please enjoy!



Eating the Santa cake on his Santa plate- he did very well compared to some others I have seen and some other times he has been allowed to go wild--

(left to right) Corbin, his 9 yr old cousin, him amused with his fork, and Ms Saoirse his 20 mnth old cousin.

Opening his animal See and Say from his 'rents. His cousins were assisting in the process, thus the bow on the head):

I had good intentions to make him the cake of my dreams- but Ian put the kibosh on it stating we did not have time. With the party at 1:00pm, I called Byerly's inquiring about their free first year cake. She told me all about it and when asked about a preferred advance notice she replied, "A couple of days...,"
"So, a 1:00pm party is out of the question?," (It was 8:00am.)
"Hang on, let me ask,....No, we can do that- ready by 10am!"
They could only do booties, balloons, or flowers and not even for extra could they do something else. (It is free to any 1 yr old with presentation of their birth certificate- 7" double layer round) We only invited immediate family, but had 23 RSVP's and a free cake that fed 8 comfortabley. So, I called back requesting another cake to feed the other part of the party with Santa's face...Unfortunatley, knowing this was a 1 year old's party, we get this?! I was picturing a much more cartoon like face and round like the cake): Oh, well shout-outs go for the short notice action and delicious taste!

Here he is holding his Santa plate practicing his "Ho, Ho, Ho's." I know you are not supposed to torture a near holiday birthday with holiday theme, but we love Christmas in our house and seized the opportunity to add yet another celebration to the season. In addition, his irresistible Santa noise could not be overlooked, but exploited! In time, when he cares to have exclusive birthday themed parties we most certainly will(:

Ah-ha! The evidence our baby turned 1! It was not the party I always dreamed of for the perfect little boy- but I am sure he didn't have a clue):

No comments: