Monday, December 29, 2008

Seperation):

For Mommy! 5 days with little man and back to work today- lame! he is building so much personality and despite the fact that Ian sent our Baby Einstein baby signs to Netflix and they kept it because they carry it): his new favorite "trick" is "more" in sign language- unfortunately, he applies it to all wants books, bottles, snacks, drinks, etc. and even though it is supposed to be closed fingers tapping together, he thinks he taps his one thumb on his other palm. We get it, but the idea of eliminating whining because communication opens does not yet apply because we never know what he wants more of, but most often food.
The other sweet trick I am patting myself on the back for comes from an article I read- Weird?! It stated that in order to get kids to clean, you must lead by example- put things the way you want them when the kids are present, rather than when they are out of your hair because it is easier--so my small milestone is bath toys. I have been putting the toys in the basket when he is ready to get out and waiting for the water to drain before I get him out. (Ian doesn't do the same) However, the other day I walked in when Ian had him in there. Ian had just flipped the drain, so it made that slurping sound and Edmond immediately put the toy in his hand the basket- precious!

No comments: