Monday, February 9, 2009

Dr Again


Are you kidding? Look at this sight! Here he is on the floor at the Drs office with his blankie, his paci, and his "I Was Brave" sticker- yeah right...look at his face and add in your head continuous whimpering whines):
He is sitting on the floor because the lab tech swabbed up his nose for the flu, in his throat for strep, and pricked his finger for white blood count- all while in my lap screaming bloody murder. I know this is supposed to comfort them, but come on you are breaking the trust that Mommy will protect him!
Little boy went down for a nap between 9-930 at Ian's Mom's house Sun morning. We made breakfast and visited with family. All family left and we waited and waited. I checked on him after 12 and he was sound asleep, but breathing fast. He is still a two napper so I really wanted to wake him and get some stuff done at home, but Ian is a no wake the-sleeping-baby- kind-of-guy. At 1pm I thought, well I am running to Target...when I returned, still no active terrorist...I went up to get him finally at 2pm.
He was warm. We took him home cared for him and I called in this morning, not being able to get him to the Dr until 130pm. At 3pm we finally left without any answers- red ears, but nothing concerning, no flu, no strep, no high white count (sign of viral infection). She suggested maybe a bladder infection and so I asked if that would cause a red scrotum- she said no but let's take a look- great! Then, I won him an ultrasound on his unit because they thought it might be twisted! I had already dismissed it in my head because he was hot from the fever-ugh. He is just a mess. He eyes look half-way closed all the time): He is just a little radiating heat bomb. I also made the mistake of putting him to bed in his outfit from the Dr and he got up with a 104.6- bad mom): We were back down to 100.4 before bed, but looks like I will be home again Tues.


No comments: