Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What has our terror been up to?

Well, busy I guess because I cannot seem to make it on here to tell the world all about it(:

Here he is our little curious Mohawk George- 1 of the only 2 photos I took in his 12 mnth album...oops! (in one of his under $2 shirts from shopping wknd!)


Here is Mommy's I mean Daddy's little helper after we took down the tree at the very last minute to make it in time for the 1/26 pick-up(: He is also a fan of the broom. Now, if he only made a difference when he tried to help):

Oh, this all too famous face! It occurs often because it happens every time we take away something he wants. I took a claim at work the other day for a woman retiring. Now, if you make it to retirement age and still have children in high school or younger they are entitled to benefits as well. So, I know going into it that she has 5 and they are adopted because of their too close bdays. However, 3 hrs later, I have a retirement claim and 11 auxiliaries-ugh! The best part being that when I get to the 11th claim the computer tells me I have exceeded the maximum number of claim types allowed and I need to switch to paper-hilarious-- until I later found out that meant moving all 11 to paper): They were foster parents, both self-employed with 7 in high school or younger including 3 seniors and 4 finalizing in adoption procedures the following day.
Anyway, where I am going with this is I asked her about the key to parenting success and she replied structure. If you give in a weak moment and say, "yes" you pay for it for a long time. I said, "hmmm, great because I tend to give in to whatever mine wants and write it off because he can't communicate yet." She replied,
"oh, he is communicating alright." Great!
Here he is, already ruined, communicating to me that he wants to see the camera and him in it not pose for pictures...
(but check out perhaps my favorite purchase from shopping wknd...turtle pjs!!)
This next one is him watching Baby Einstein- he has now figured out the difference between the two plain white covers, one with a giraffe and one with a cat, which one he prefers. He will leave the dinner table head to the living room dig in the media baskets and bring you the giraffe. Thrilling, being it is the one without any education (that I know of), just brain stimulation with classical music and moving toys. He does not care to learn his first words I guess.
On that note, however, he has been starting the babbling where he says ridiculous syllables in a serious face as if he means something. He requires that the movie is on nearly every night.


Now, our next big struggle is eating. I believe I have shared that he is our prince and the pea. He hates texture. Give him some puree and he'll slop it all over a five foot radius and maybe in his mouth. He has eaten processed meats or protein like chicken nuggets or fish sticks at daycare, but we are not into that. We just keep trying what we have. What we know he likes is toast and he says it with lots of tongue along with please with also lots of tongue. Here is in the aftermath of Daddy's jelly job. (Daddy likes to hook him up with special treats I guess)

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Love the mohawk picture. We are big fans at the Duke household as well...especially since they both need haircuts so badly!