Little Mr.'s latest habit is a bit different than last week...you know when he slept like an angel for over 8 hours for like- what? 4 nights in a row?
Now, this week his thing is flipping himself over and talking away blah blah blah...he is a belly sleeper normally (we'll get over the judging thing later) so now going up there to see his face, and the big grin he gives, is quite special and makes getting out of bed and interrupting my sleep slightly more bearable.
The first few nights I just fed him not knowing what he wanted or what his deal was- he was not upset, but I knew he did not operate in reverse order and does not sleep on his back. However, after the "tricks" (I call them that you know when you know your kid can do something and you wait for it to happen again, like they should perform on cue and put on a big show) happened three nights in a row, I thought I better put an end to this nursing back to sleep thing before it becomes habit. So, last night up at 2am, I fed him, then again at 4am I just flipped him back over and gave him his pacifier, and again at 5am Ian aided him in the flip, which worked until I woke him at 7am to eat and leave. Hopefully, this does not keep up, but at least he goes back to bed with a little help--for now.
Alright, as for belly sleeping, I know it is against all current recommendations, but we started allowing it during the day when we were awake, but then one bassinet night in the bedroom night he sounded like he was gagging on mucus- so I flipped him and he has never gone back. At first, I was paranoid and looked for any article to tell me it was ok, but could find nothing. Instead, I read why naturally infants would sleep better that way because there is the security of the bed and the elimination of startling themselves awake, but DON'T do it. So, I just eliminate all other SIDS risk factors- loose blankets, overheating, soft mattress, smoking, co-sleeping- and so on. Actually, I confessed to my Dr. and she says whatever you need to do to get your sleep too. I think people get a thrill out of my rule violation because I am beyond the book for everything else.
Job Front:
I start actual training on Tues the 13th over ITV- ugh! Today, I was on the phone helping someone with a disability claim for over 2 hrs. icky
Ian should start his job Mon the 12th- so our house should be stress-free? HA!
Mother's day weekend coming up- my first, since Ian said I was not really a mom yet last year):
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment