Monday, February 11, 2008

Not Ready

I called work today to tell them I wasn't ready to come back and they were fabulously understanding. We can't really afford it, but you also can't replace this time with Edmond. His early arrival, the holidays, and the unfinished nursery really took away from our time together. I don't know that I will be an expert Mom and he will be an angel child in two weeks but we will both hopefully be a little closer to those very realistic goals(:

I write now as he naps in his luxurious crib in his almost done nursery. I'll get some pics posted later when I won't disturb him. Grandma Judy watched him last week for a couple of hours to practice being away and the bottle, so Mom got to run around St. Cloud- achieving the mattress purchase in her endeavors. BTW he slept like an angel through a busy lunch at the Woods' woke up and went back to sleep without eating (I always feed him when he wakes- I thought that is why he got up???). I was walking in when he was getting up and ready to eat, but I had her try the feeding to see....AND success! So, he can handle two hours, now I need to know he can handle nine): BUT not for another three wks.!! Our friend Robin is taking him for four on Weds- in addition to her two girls 4 and 2? and her little man Henry 3 wks. younger than Edster.

Last night, during little man's episode period, during my second squatting and sweating shift and after Ian's two shifts, Ian had a revelation- the swiss ball! (Remember he likes the up and down bouncing) So, we are delighted in our discovery- tonight we will throw in the Bjorn carrier so we can strap him on and continue with our evening bouncing away on the ball for a happy (ok quiet) baby- I'll see if I can catch some pics of that tonight too(: We have given up on the Gripe Water...I think.

No comments: