So, the last two nights our not so little man has had over 5 hr. stretches of sweet slumber!
I am not jumping up and down quite yet, but wanted to share the humor I read yesterday on the topic. If you talk to me on a regular basis you know I am constantly quoting information I read from magazines, books, but mostly the sweet sweet internet (where every thing you read is the truth!) Anyway, in my What to Expect in the First Year book it shares some tips on getting baby to sleep longer through the night- one that I found intriguing was to get them out of your room. They know you are there and take advantage of you (smart cookies I tell you)! I achieved that a few weeks ago, surprisingly without hard feelings because he had great results the first night and it is always all about him(: I actually told Ian that maybe we were waking him up with our snoring- I know he is guilty along with talking and he claims I do...
Then, they say they are metabolically capable of sleeping through the night by 11 lbs.- Hah! uh I am unsure of how long the author sleeps in a night but Edmond must have his Dad's metabolism if this is the case- lucky guy? LOL
BTW if they still wake up into their 5th month they have come accustomed to eating rather than actually needing to...stay tuned...
WOW are weekends great?! Ian and I have never in our relationship had two guaranteed days together, so we are stoked, despite we have our little offspring in tow, to be spending that time together. We do have slightly different ideas as to what should happen, but we are working on compromise- the beauty of marriage. I think you should get stuff done- like cleaning and projects- while saving time for relaxing in the evenings. The feeling of accomplishment in a clean house just makes my relaxation time so much more enjoyable. Ian on the other hand would like to get up, make & eat breakfast, enjoy his coffee, read news on the internet and anything else that distracts him while he digests, workout while doing laundry (throwing a load in) and surfing the web, shower, and start his relaxation involving watching his Netflix pics and sipping his grand single malt collection.
Yesterday, I asked him to pick two projects to accomplish for the day and he picked putting the railing up and working out...not with a straight face of course(: Instead, he put the railing up, did some laundry, including folding, and put the light plate on-ooh I know call me slave driver!
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

1 comment:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11 pounds they say, huh? Well Teague failed at that one because if your book is true he should have started sleeping through at 1 week old!! And I hope the 5 months old works for you!! Teague started around 6 months. Hang in there! It truly is a developmental milestone that they will reach when they are good and ready! I do believe there is some truth to the same routine everyday putting them in a good sleep schedule. E seems a little young for that though. Don't fret - enjoy these last couple of weeks with the little man. Oh, and from someone who did see the "before" of E's nursery - it appears to be a beautiful "after" shot!
Post a Comment