Oooh this is getting tough. Of course work has not replaced me yet- although I am rumored to be irreplaceable...Ha!
I spent today trying to straighten things out like the ever changing recipes and specs for some menu items that changed while I was off- (Ian can't listen to me say, "According to spec..." with a straight face, but soon enough he won't have to.) Also, I was getting to the bottom of our say 6' x 6' office shared by 6 managers- the walls layered with shelves of ridiculous storage. I discovered without surprise, that while I was away, boxes seemed to get thrown onto shelves without labels, unorganized, and without obvious purpose, but to get them off the floor to create a temporary clean feel. Quite frustrating to discover how brains other than my own work. LOL
My AKM (Asst. Kitchen Mang.) said to me today, "Aren't you a short-timer now? Aren't you supposed to be walking around doing nothing?" Oh, not me--however, I did take the time to indulge in some blizzard cake from DQ, purchased for my future absence. Have you seen these things? They are amazing the regular DQ cake except chocolate ice cream with an interior layer of vanilla and yet the chocolate crunch, but the top was divided into maybe six sections with blizzard toppings in each like kitkat, peanut butter cup, chocolate covered peanuts, cookie dough, snickers and I can't remember the last-mmm mmm. I told one of the girls I was going to gain 10 lbs. before I left- from treats like these and my nacho parties(: I cannot imagine spending an eight hour day with a 1/2 hr. to eat- talk about messing with my metabolism!
Enjoying some fall FUN
13 years ago

1 comment:
What is this "short timer" crap? Walk around, please???? Maybe Calhoun, but not me....maybe walking around working!!! I should have guessed it from Todd....lame-o!
Post a Comment