Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ahhh

First, the weekend sucked nice and long, but hopefully the last one I ever work. Yesterday, I attended my last work meeting and my GM gave a speech about how I have done so much and I will be so missed-tear tear... Speaking of tears apparently he also has been asking everyone if they will cry at my party because he is going to- at least he plans it? It is really funny because people at work think that I am a stone, this woman with high standards and no weaknesses- LOL (They think I won't cry)
After the meeting, Edmond and I met my 'rents at Perkins for breakfast and they came over to assist in putting up our new ceiling fan in the kitchen- what an adventure! (I have some funky wiring in this house) We finally figured out we needed to run the fan only by the pull cord and hooked the lights to the switch-ugh! My dad blames me for not documenting where the wires were when I unhooked them off the old one- ooops(:
At work last night we had a wine tasting- hmmm Yep, I helped them make a new wine list and would say things like, "We, I mean YOU could use..."): It was a good time. My parents also stopped in for payment for putting the fan up and my boys came in to talk about Ian's job offer...what a day! (It is for another position at Abbott, but it would not be as flexible with hours, which he needs with the commute and is not as much of a raise as he was thinking AND would cost him more for benefits because he would be out of the union. He is deciding.
Today, my little lover boy is sick with a stuffy/runny nose and his old man cough as we call it, but he just woke up from his first nap and as I was holding him he appeared he was going to take another one. So, I was swaying with him and he was beginning to shut his eyes, so I kissed him on the cheek and he smiled. That was so cute, I kissed him on his little lips and he giggled-( I got away with three of that series) he melts my heart! Don't tell work- what a weak woman I really am...

No comments: