Ian will be accepting a new position with Abbott at the corporate level, so really with Allina? as a Buyer...it is not as financially exciting as he had hoped, but he has only been with them 8mnths. so we are pretty stoked (over 8 yrs. in St. Cloud and they couldn't see his potential-ugh)
I start with SSA tomorrow morning and have been reading articles on the internet about starting new positions, fitting in, etc. I am supposed to wear my most conservative clothes to start until I figure out what is appropriate, pay attention to the grapevine but do not contribute, not complain about anything including my previous job, and ask questions (it makes people feel important)...that will be the hardest one for me(: I like to figure things out on my own and think people can pass significant judgement based on your questions- one of my best friend's tells me I just have to remember not everyone is as critical as myself...huh?
Poor boy has a case of snot nose- I always vowed I would not be the parent of a little crusty, but here I am):

2 comments:
Don't forget to butter up to HR. They're your best friend when you're a new employee. Good luck on your first day.
:o)
Good luck! I can't wait to hear all about the office gossip! ha ha!
Post a Comment